Information for parents and dancers.
This page contains details for the Narnia cast.
For ticket info, please visit the ticket page.
For all other info, please return to the home page.
The 2016 cast list is now available. Thank you again to all the dancers who auditioned!
Missing an important handout from a parent meeting? You can find them here:
The rehearsal schedule is available in PDF format. There are two files: The first file is the rehearsal schedule, listing the date and time each scene or dance is rehearsing; The second file is a list of scenes each role dances in. It is important to check which scenes your roles are in and highlight those rehearsals on the schedule so you don't miss any rehearsals. (Remember, because of our tight schedule, if you are absent from a rehearsal you may be cut from the dance.)
If the choreographers need to make any changes to the schedule we will post an updated schedule (with the date of the latest update listed on the bottom of each page), and we will send an email to let you know there is an updated schedule available online. In this way you can always be sure you have the most up-to-date schedule information.
Have a great season!
November 13 Costume Fitting and Souvenir Photos
Please reserve Sunday November 13, 1:00-6:00 for costume fittings. Details to come on location, call times, and specific instructions.
General rehearsal information
Adventures in Narnia rehearses the last week of August (weekdays) and weekends in September, October, and November, followed by two weeks in December. Most rehearsals are on Saturday, although a few occur on Sunday afternoons. During show week, rehearsals are every week night except Wednesday.
Rehearsals generally take place at Hosanna Dance. Some rehearsals might take place at other locations. The week of the performance rehearsals are at Lane Community College.
Meetings and important dates
The success of Adventures in Narnia is dependent on parent and dancer involvement. Parents are asked to attend 3 meetings throughout the season, to volunteer when and where possible, and to make sure dancers are at every rehearsal on time.
Please make arrangements for an adult to come and represent your dancer at ALL of these meetings. Important information will be given at each meeting. If you are a dancer over the age of 18, you will still need to have a representative present for you at all meetings.
- September 10, 12:00pm, Hosanna Dance
- November 12, 12:00pm, New Hope Christian College (2155 Bailey Hill Rd, Eugene)
Narnia 2016 important dates
Parent involvement is crucial to the success of Adventures in Narnia. Please mark these dates on your calendar and make sure you attend every meeting. Thank you!
- Sept 10 - Mandatory parent meeting, 12:00pm
- Oct 1 - Souvenir order deadline (4:30pm)
- Oct 17 - Program advertising deadline
- Nov 1 - Tickets go on sale online
- Nov 12 - Mandatory parent meeting 12:00pm, New Hope Christian College (2155 Bailey Hill Rd, Eugene)
- Nov 12 - Souvenir order pick up at parent meeting (except photos, which will be available Dec 9)
- Nov 13 - Costume fittings and Souvenir Photo Shoot 1:00-6:00
- Nov 26-27 - Thanksgiving weekend - no rehearsal
- Dec 5-8 Rehearsals at LCC - please don't make other plans
- Dec 9 Final Dress Rehearsal with invited audience
- Dec 10-11 Show times Sat 1:00 & 6:00, Sun 4:00
- Dec 28 - Cast party! Time and Location TBD
For additional parking at Hosanna during rehearsals and meetings, please use the overflow parking, located on the other side of the red barn INSIDE the white picket fence.
Make sure you are inside the white fence and not on the street side; parking on the street side might result in your car being towed.
Welcome, butterfly families!
Answers to most questions you might have can be found here. If you have a question that you don't see answered here, please feel free to ask another butterfly family or parent, or email the Board of Directors at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Have a great season!
Rehearsals: You must be able to attend ALL rehearsals! Parents need to stay at all rehearsals. It is not uncommon for the hour-long rehearsals to end early.
- October 8, 12:00-12:30 - Butterfly and Bumblebee Parent Meeting @ Hosanna Dance (No rehearsal this day, students are welcome but not required to attend)
- October 29, 11:00-12:00 - Rehearsal with Monarch Butterfly @ Hosanna Dance
1:30-2:30 - Cast photo and Program headshots @ Hosanna Dance
- November 5, 11:30-12:00 - Rehearsal with Monarch Butterfly @ New Hope College
- November 12, 11:30-12:00 - Rehearsal with Monarch Butterfly @ New Hope College
12:00 - Mandatory Parent Meeting for all cast members
- November 13, 1:00-6:00* - Costume fittings and Souvenir photos @ Springfield High School
- November 19, 3:30-4:30 - Rehearsal with cast @ New Hope College
4:30-5:00 - Butterfly and Bumblebee Parent Meeting @ New Hope College
- December 3, 3:30** - Dress Rehearsal with cast @ LCC
Please note: New Hope College is located at 2155 Bailey Hill Rd, Eugene, OR 97405.
*Specific times will be scheduled and published by November 1
**Butterflies and Bumblebees are free to leave when their dance is finished
All production week rehearsals are at Lane Community College. Times are approximate. Please arrive promptly, but be aware that rehearsals may run over time. Thank you for your patience!
- December 5, 5:00-6:00 - Rehearsal with cast @ LCC
- December 6, 4:30-5:30 - Dress Rehearsal with cast @ LCC
- December 8, 4:30-5:30 - Dress Rehearsal with cast @ LCC
Call times for performers may be earlier than listed show times.
- December 9, 6:00 - Final Dress Rehearsal with benefit audience @ LCC
- December 10, 1:00 - and 6:00 Performances @ LCC
- December 11, 4:00 - Performance @ LCC
Remember, the best ways to get answers to your questions are to check the website, then the cast facebook page, and if you still don't have an answer to email the board at email@example.com.